GHQ is offering a limited number of places to Leaving Certificate students on our weekend supervised study programme for the remainder of the academic year 2018/2019.
Students participating in the Leaving Certificate Supervised Study Programme in the GHQ have the opportunity to study in a completely distraction-free environment, in an atmosphere that is calm and focused on learning.
The study rooms in GHQ are continuously supervised and any student wishing to enrol on our Supervised Study programme must adhere to strict rules regarding their behaviour and conduct.
There are significant advantages to participating in the Supervised Study programme including the following:
- Pupils who complete their homework regularly and thoroughly obtain higher grades in examinations
- The regular completion of homework and study during the year leads to less stress prior to examinations and less confrontation between pupils and teachers over incomplete or late work.
- Study is carried out under strict conditions – pupils work individually and in silence
- Good study habits are established and maintained from the outset.
- Pupils in certificate examination classes can be encouraged to plan additional study periods at home during the evening